This is an easy project that we think you’ll have a fantastic time with. This DIY clock is functional, makes great wall art and is unique to you because you get pick what photos and frames you wanna use for it. Instead of photos, you can also use high-quality stickers, globes, pet theme, dices, lollipops or whatever you want.
What you need:
- Two sheets of 18″ x 24″ newsprint or poster paper
- Scotch tape
- A pencil
- 12 picture frames for 2″ x 3″ photos
- 12 2″ x 3″ photos
- A clock-making kit
- A ruler
- 8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock paper
- Blue painter’s tape
- A hammer.
1. Lay out your two sheets of newsprint or poster paper on a flat surface, and tape them together with some scotch tape. Arrange your clock part and picture frames how you’d want them to look like on your wall.When you’ve got all your frames laid out to your liking, use your pencil to trace around the frames.
2. Fill your frames with the photos. You can use pictures that represent the number for each hour or 12 pictures from a places you visit or something like that.
3. With a pencil, a ruler and some scissors, draw and cut out a square or rectangle shape from your letter-sized cardstock paper that’s big enough to cover your clock part. The paper clock cover you just crafted will take the place of the clock’s face when you assemble all the clock pieces, so make sure your cover has a hole in the middle of it so that it will fit through the hand shaft (the piece of metal that sticks out of the clock part).
4. Follow the instructions that come with your clock-making kit to put it all together. Put the cover you made in Step 3.
5. Take tracing you did in Step 1 and use some blue tape to put it on the wall where you want your photo clock to be. With the frame tracings as a guide, hammer in the nails for your frames on top of the tracings. After that carefully tear off the paper guide. The nails you’ve put in the wall should still be intact.
6. Hang up your frames as well as your clock piece. Pop in an AA battery, set your clock, and stand back to admire the awesome personalized clock you just made.