The construction and natural color of this lamp reminds of a nest, and it perfectly fits to eco friendly house . Glue, hemp twine, a bouncy ball and a little bit of patience till the glue bonds is all you need..and result is perfect!
What you need:
- bouncy balls of various sizes
- clear drying craft glue (about 1 bottle per ball)
- hemp string 20lb. weight estimated amounts needed:
16 inch diameter ball—400 yards
14 inch diameter ball—300 yards
9 inch diameter ball—100 yards
- plastic gloves (optional)
- trash bag or small drop cloth
- permanent marker
- ball inflating needle (available at sporting goods store)
- light fixture and hardware
1. Draw a circle on the ball with a permanent marker. This circle will mark a space on the lamp that needs to remain clear of string. Circle will be used in assembling the light fixture and will allow you to have access for changing light bulbs.
2. Cover your work surface with trash bags or a drop cloth, and put on gloves.
3. The best way to apply the glue is to squeeze a quarter size amount onto your fingers and run the hemp string through the glue and then wrap it around the ball. The string should stick fairly easily to the ball.
4. Glue and wrap. Try to wrap randomly to avoid criss-cross patterns. The more densely wrapped the lamp is the stronger it will be.
5. Make sure to avoid wrapping string over the circle area.
6. Let the glue dry completely.
7. Use the inflating needle to deflate the ball.
8. Remove the deflated ball from the lamp.
9. Follow the installation instructions that come with your light fixture and install the light string.